Book Title: Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (7th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
Author: Karla Krogsrud Miley
An empowerment-based method of social work which integrates core themes of the profession.
This text is part of the Connecting Core Competencies Series.
Generalist Social Work Practice, 7th edition, fully integrates core social work themes of collaboration, the strengths perspective, values and ethics, social justice and human rights, evidence-based practice, cultural competence, and policy practice.
This text offers a progressive practice approach grounded in social work research, reflective of social work values, sensitive to client diversity, and applicable to work with any level of client system including individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Beginning with engaging clients as partners and continuing with assessing, intervening, and evaluating from a strengths perspective, this approach offers social workers a method that fully realizes core social work values, respects client competence, and activates client resources within the context of their lives.
All parts of the practice process are described in detail, connected to social work theory, illustrated with case examples, and supported with evidence from social work research. Each chapter focuses on teaching the knowledge, values, and skills reflective of the core competencies and correlated practice behaviors as described in the 2008 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS).
A better teaching & learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience--for you and your students. Here's how:
- Improve Critical Thinking – Teaches students specific strategies to identify and use client strengths in their practice.
- Engage Students – Offers numerous case examples to apply the empowerment method to all levels of social work, with diverse clients and situations, and across fields of practice.
- Explore Current Issues – Includes new practice research findings and updates to demographics to ensure currency.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text integrates the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to assess student understanding and development of competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), BlackBoard Test Item File, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.